In the words of one of our Austin team: Hello, super friends! RSA is right around the corner (which means BSides SF is dead ahead of us). Without further ado, here’s where to find us in San Francisco next week and what we’ll be up to all over the city.
- Sunday, April 15: Headed to BSides? A mix of Rapid7 folks repping the community and security consultant teams will be around BSides bright and early Sunday morning gearing up for lock picking and stacking the #BSidesSF hashtag. Find us. Talk to us. We want to hear from you!
- Monday, April 16, 10:10 AM: Rapid7’s trust and governance manager Katie Ledoux will offer up a killer keynote on rapid-fire stories of creative solutions to common infosec problems, many of which have been contributed by the community over the past few weeks.
- Monday, April 16, 6:30 PM: Rapid7 is hosting the 2018 BSides happy hour in the bar and social lounge. Grab a drink, make some friends, share some stories. And by all means, come seek out the Rapid7 folks (including myself) who’ll be around. You’ll know us by our indecent level of enthusiasm. We might also have stickers.
- Tuesday, April 17 - Friday, April 20: Personalized demos. Rapid7 swag. Compelling talk tracks on hot topics like attacker behavior analytics and getting permission to phish your organization. Visit us at booth South 723 all conference long (map) to recharge, get inspired, and find actionable insight to help you move your security program forward. See our RSA landing page for a full complement of Rapid7 highlights!
- Tuesday, April 17, 12:00 PM: Customer Appreciation Lunch. Hungry for IR knowledge—and lunch? We’re hosting an invite-only panel for customers a short walk from Moscone to discuss breach response and the necessity of having an incident response plan in today’s security climate. Our experts—including Rapid7’s Rebekah Brown, Kyle Flaherty, and Jeremiah Dewey, as well as Digital Shadows CISO Rick Holland and Venable LLP’s Shannon Yavorsky— will walk through a real-life IR scenario, highlighting the roles and responsibilities you’ll come across when building out a plan. Register here, or reach out to your CSM!
- Wednesday, April 18, 1:50 PM: Want a better understanding of physical device security and its importance for protecting intellectual property? Delve into IoT hardware hacking with Rapid7’s IoT research lead Deral Heiland and senior security consultant Nate Sevier as they demo firmware extraction and protection methods at 13:50 in RSA’s Internet of Things Sandbox. Deral is a prolific thought leader and commentator in the IoT space—dig through some of his work here.
- Friday, April 20, 9:00 AM: Gain an understanding of global trends in commercial cybersecurity regulation and learn about ongoing efforts to protect beneficial cybersecurity activity. Rapid7 Public Policy Director [Harley Geiger will moderate a panel on the new landscape of cybersecurity and international trade. Read more on Rapid7’s ongoing policy work here.
Meet us by the Bay next week. We’ll see you there!