Since its inception, Rapid7's Project Sonar has aimed to share the data and knowledge we've gained from our Internet scanning and collection activities with the larger information security community. Over the years this has resulted in vulnerability disclosures, research papers, conference presentations, community collaboration and data. Lots and lots of data.
- 4 years of bi-weekly HTTP GET / studies. Over 6T of data. https://scans.io/study/sonar.http
- ~1 year of bi-weekly HTTPS GET / studies. Over 2T of data. https://scans.io/study/sonar.https
- 3 years and nearly 1000 ~monthly studies of common UDP services. Over 100G of juicy data. https://scans.io/study/sonar.udp
- 4 years, nearly 300G and 1500 bi-weekly studies of the SSL certificates obtained by examining commonly exposed SSL services. https://scans.io/study/sonar.ssl and https://scans.io/study/sonar.moressl
- 3 years and hundreds of ~weekly forward DNS (FDNS) and reverse DNS (RDNS) studies. Nearly 2T of data. https://scans.io/study/sonar.fdns, https://scans.io/study/sonar.fdns_v2, https://scans.io/study/sonar.rdns, and https://scans.io/study/sonar.rdns_v2
- New! zmap SYN scan results for any Sonar TCP study. A little data now, but a lot over time. https://scans.io/study/sonar.tcp
As project Sonar continues, we will continue to publish our data through the outlets listed above, perhaps in addition to others.
Are you interested in Project Sonar? Are you using this data? If so, how? Interested in seeing additional studies performed? Have questions about the existing studies or how to use or interpret the data? We love hearing from the community! Post a comment below or reach out to us at research [at] rapid7 [dot] com.