Nexpose Content team has added SUSE coverage for update 5.8.2 that went out on Dec 18, 2013.
- Fingerprinting: Nexpose now fingerprints SUSE and OpenSUSE accurately.
- New Content: Nexpose now has checks for all known SUSE security advisories.
What versions of SUSE are supported by Nexpose?
Nexpose now covers the following versions of SUSE and OpenSUSE:
- SUSE Enterprise Desktop 10 and 11
- SUSE Enterprise Server 9, 10 and 11
- All OpenSUSE versions from 10.2 through 13.1
What versions of SUSE are supported by the vendor?
Novell and OpenSUSE officially only support:
- SUSE Enterprise 10 SP2 and above
- OpenSUSE 12.2 and above
Hence, they won't be releasing updates for the unsupported operating systems unless you have an extended support contract. Nexpose will flag any unsupported OS as obsolete.
Vendor end of life policy can be found in the links below:
Could you give me some numbers?
Total advisories covered: 1988
Total CVEs covered: 8187
Total SUSE vulnerabilities covered: 6025
How do I use the new coverage?
SUSE checks are automatically included in all full audit templates i.e. templates that do not have any specific checks or categories selected.
A custom SUSE template can be setup as shown below:
Why does the tag say "SuSE" rather than "SUSE"?
Nexpose had limited SUSE coverage in the past that was tagged as "SuSE" as per the old name. It was decided to keep the same tag around so as not to disrupt customers with custom scan templates and reports.