Author: Jeremy Druin
Video Release Announcements: Twitter @webpwnized
Title: Installing Kali Linux on Virtual Box with Nessus and Metasploit
This video is from the April 2013 workshop of the KY ISSA covering the installation of Kali Linux 1.01 on Virtual Box . Please see notes below the video.
- Kali version 1.01 64-bit was used in making the video but the latest version can be downloaded from Downloads | Kali Linux .
- Documentation on installing and using Kali is available at Kali Linux Official Documentation | Kali Linux
- The Kali guest virtual machine is configured with 2 GB RAM, 128 GB hard disk drive, and 128 MB of video memory
- A written tutorial on installing the Virtual Box guest additions can be found at Kali Linux Virtual Box guest | Kali Linux Official Documentation . The command to install packages supporting Virtual Box guest additions used in the video is apt-get update && apt-get install -y linux-headers-$(uname -r) dkms. This includes the installation of the dynamic kernel module support (dkms) packge. This is needed on some systems to compile the Virtual Box guest addition drivers.
- The version of Nessus used in the demo is Debian 6.0 (64 bits): Nessus-5.0.3-debian6_amd64.deb from the Nessus website