The recording of the webinar "How to set up a penetration testing test lab" is now online. Big thanks to Matt for a great presentation, and huge thanks too all of the participants for the great questions and input, which I've included in the Q&A transcription.
Related blog posts:
- What virtualization technologies should I use for a vulnerable machine lab?
- How well does the Rapid7 test lab environment scale to 20 or more people attacking it at the same time?
- How can you simulate networking equipment in a test lab environment?
- How do you get VMware up and running on Ubuntu to test up a penetration testing lab?
- How can you save various patch states for your penetration testing lab?
- Do you have a recommendation for an automated way to revert machines back to the "gold" image if you crash it during an attack?
- What basic programming or scripting languages should I learn if I want to start with penetration testing at a junior level?
Tip: The next Rapid7 webinar is "How to find out if your SCADA system is vulnerable to cyber-attacks" (mark your calendar).